Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
Back in the 1970s the NBA used to allow nicknames on jerseys, and they have decided to again for one game — Jan. 10 between the Heat and Nets.
SLAM got an advanced peak at the jerseys.
This is Deron Williams (8), Paul Pierce (34) and Andrei Kirilenko (47, I’m guessing that’s Russian, I’m also guessing he didn’t want to deal with the backlash of going with his usual nickname of AK-47).
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17