Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Back in the 1970s the NBA used to allow nicknames on jerseys, and they have decided to again for one game — Jan. 10 between the Heat and Nets.
SLAM got an advanced peak at the jerseys.
This is Deron Williams (8), Paul Pierce (34) and Andrei Kirilenko (47, I’m guessing that’s Russian, I’m also guessing he didn’t want to deal with the backlash of going with his usual nickname of AK-47).
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32