Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Back in the 1970s the NBA used to allow nicknames on jerseys, and they have decided to again for one game — Jan. 10 between the Heat and Nets.
SLAM got an advanced peak at the jerseys.
This is Deron Williams (8), Paul Pierce (34) and Andrei Kirilenko (47, I’m guessing that’s Russian, I’m also guessing he didn’t want to deal with the backlash of going with his usual nickname of AK-47).
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 6
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 7
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19