Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
Back in the 1970s the NBA used to allow nicknames on jerseys, and they have decided to again for one game — Jan. 10 between the Heat and Nets.
SLAM got an advanced peak at the jerseys.
This is Deron Williams (8), Paul Pierce (34) and Andrei Kirilenko (47, I’m guessing that’s Russian, I’m also guessing he didn’t want to deal with the backlash of going with his usual nickname of AK-47).
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13