Jan 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Back in the 1970s the NBA used to allow nicknames on jerseys, and they have decided to again for one game — Jan. 10 between the Heat and Nets.
SLAM got an advanced peak at the jerseys.
This is Deron Williams (8), Paul Pierce (34) and Andrei Kirilenko (47, I’m guessing that’s Russian, I’m also guessing he didn’t want to deal with the backlash of going with his usual nickname of AK-47).
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 55
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10