Jan 2, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Jodie Meeks — you know, one of the few healthy guards the Lakers have left on the roster — has been officially warned by the league for flopping.
As he should have been. You can see the play above — it’s late in the Lakers loss to Bucks New Year’s Eve and the Lakers were dreaming of a comeback. Milwaukee’s rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo got the ball on the left wing beyond the arc and swung through his elbows to create a little space, then used that to drive left. As the elbow came through — and it wasn’t close to hitting Meeks — he sold contact and flopped backwards.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14