Jan 2, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Jodie Meeks — you know, one of the few healthy guards the Lakers have left on the roster — has been officially warned by the league for flopping.
As he should have been. You can see the play above — it’s late in the Lakers loss to Bucks New Year’s Eve and the Lakers were dreaming of a comeback. Milwaukee’s rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo got the ball on the left wing beyond the arc and swung through his elbows to create a little space, then used that to drive left. As the elbow came through — and it wasn’t close to hitting Meeks — he sold contact and flopped backwards.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31