Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
That’s since been rectified, as James has been wearing the LeBron 11s on a regular basis. But a new problem arose during the Heat’s game against the Warriors on Thursday, when LeBron slipped in transition and the shoes left quite the skid marks on the Heat’s home floor.
The markings weren’t able to be easily removed, and remained on the floor as the game continued.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the high-performance footwear to mark the court in this way, but an explanation is likely on its way from the folks at Nike that we’ll hear about in the coming days.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14