Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
That’s since been rectified, as James has been wearing the LeBron 11s on a regular basis. But a new problem arose during the Heat’s game against the Warriors on Thursday, when LeBron slipped in transition and the shoes left quite the skid marks on the Heat’s home floor.
The markings weren’t able to be easily removed, and remained on the floor as the game continued.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the high-performance footwear to mark the court in this way, but an explanation is likely on its way from the folks at Nike that we’ll hear about in the coming days.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28