Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EST
That’s since been rectified, as James has been wearing the LeBron 11s on a regular basis. But a new problem arose during the Heat’s game against the Warriors on Thursday, when LeBron slipped in transition and the shoes left quite the skid marks on the Heat’s home floor.
The markings weren’t able to be easily removed, and remained on the floor as the game continued.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the high-performance footwear to mark the court in this way, but an explanation is likely on its way from the folks at Nike that we’ll hear about in the coming days.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 11
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 5
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 33
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 51
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28