Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
That’s since been rectified, as James has been wearing the LeBron 11s on a regular basis. But a new problem arose during the Heat’s game against the Warriors on Thursday, when LeBron slipped in transition and the shoes left quite the skid marks on the Heat’s home floor.
The markings weren’t able to be easily removed, and remained on the floor as the game continued.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the high-performance footwear to mark the court in this way, but an explanation is likely on its way from the folks at Nike that we’ll hear about in the coming days.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32