Jan 2, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
That’s since been rectified, as James has been wearing the LeBron 11s on a regular basis. But a new problem arose during the Heat’s game against the Warriors on Thursday, when LeBron slipped in transition and the shoes left quite the skid marks on the Heat’s home floor.
The markings weren’t able to be easily removed, and remained on the floor as the game continued.
It’s unclear exactly what caused the high-performance footwear to mark the court in this way, but an explanation is likely on its way from the folks at Nike that we’ll hear about in the coming days.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 7
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4