Jan 1, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Finally, some good injury news.
An MRI revealed Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving has only a knee contusion and he is officially day-to-day, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
Considering he had to leave the game and thought he felt a “pop” this is very good news. Especially for the people who have voted Irving an All-Star starter in the East, they still will get him in that showcase.
Cleveland has lost six in a row but because they are in the East they have a legitimate shot at still turning this around and making the playoffs. That would not have happened without Irving in the lineup.
This also keeps the talks of a Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum trade with the Lakers alive. For Cleveland that deal is about getting inside scoring to make a playoff run, so without Irving what was the point? Still that trade may not happen, the Lakers want more than just Bynum’s cap relief in return and what the other pieces of that trade would be remain the stumbling blocks.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35