Jan 1, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Finally, some good injury news.
An MRI revealed Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving has only a knee contusion and he is officially day-to-day, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
Considering he had to leave the game and thought he felt a “pop” this is very good news. Especially for the people who have voted Irving an All-Star starter in the East, they still will get him in that showcase.
Cleveland has lost six in a row but because they are in the East they have a legitimate shot at still turning this around and making the playoffs. That would not have happened without Irving in the lineup.
This also keeps the talks of a Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum trade with the Lakers alive. For Cleveland that deal is about getting inside scoring to make a playoff run, so without Irving what was the point? Still that trade may not happen, the Lakers want more than just Bynum’s cap relief in return and what the other pieces of that trade would be remain the stumbling blocks.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22