Jan 1, 2014, 10:32 PM EST
As expected, the San Antonio Spurs blew the Brooklyn Nets out Tuesday night, 113-92, but things got a little strange at the end.
The Spurs were just trying to dribble out the clock, but the shot clock was not off and there was 0.2 seconds left after their possession. The referees whistled a 24-second violation and gave the ball to the Nets for a perfunctory out of bounds play.
Except the Nets couldn’t inbound the ball because there were not enough Brooklyn players on the court meet league rules and start the play. The Nets had all gone to the locker room. Jason Kidd had to use a time out to stop the clock, go get players and bring them back out for the final play.
That’s not on the refs, they are there to enforce the rules. As for the Nets this season, just another brick in the wall.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:32 AM EST
Trail Blazers center has moves – or at least a move
Mar 2, 2015, 9:53 AM EST
For some reason, Bulls fans boo this athletic feat
Mar 2, 2015, 9:07 AM EST
LeBron: ‘I have no idea why he would do that’
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He remains out for the rest of this season at least.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Well played, Rockets.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:50 AM EST
We have video evidence Brandon Bass can dunk.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:17 AM EST
Contenders will be lined up to sign him.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:36 PM EST
They played like MVP candidates.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Harden got a technical foul for this.
Mar 1, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
As in six weeks left in the season.
Mar 1, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Jordan shot 12 free throws against the Bulls.
Mar 1, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
The deadline for McGee to be waived in order to be eligible to join another team for the playoffs is midnight Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Another hit to Chicago’s roster.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Silver talked about the league one day sharing injury data at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Mar 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
A look at upcoming retro releases of the Jordan VIII, Jordan 1, Jordan XIV Low, and the Jordan VII.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Odd timing, only because fans in Phoenix have historically shown up for games against San Antonio and Los Angeles.
Mar 1, 2015, 8:33 AM EST
Beasley throws one down in his second game back with the Heat.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:22 AM EST
He will be missed.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Warriors general manager supports idea
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15