Jan 1, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
As expected, the San Antonio Spurs blew the Brooklyn Nets out Tuesday night, 113-92, but things got a little strange at the end.
The Spurs were just trying to dribble out the clock, but the shot clock was not off and there was 0.2 seconds left after their possession. The referees whistled a 24-second violation and gave the ball to the Nets for a perfunctory out of bounds play.
Except the Nets couldn’t inbound the ball because there were not enough Brooklyn players on the court meet league rules and start the play. The Nets had all gone to the locker room. Jason Kidd had to use a time out to stop the clock, go get players and bring them back out for the final play.
That’s not on the refs, they are there to enforce the rules. As for the Nets this season, just another brick in the wall.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
Ennis will get the chance to prove his case in training camp.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Larry Brown said the condition had Popovich thinking about retirement.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Wasn’t this obvious already?
Jul 27, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It could work — in very limited circumstances.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Bird also says Jordan would destroy him one-on-one right now.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
James Ennis seems on the bubble with Miami.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
I so hope this isn’t staged.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Dragic would not have fit the triangle, but he’s talented.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Center goes from Frank Vogel to Byron Scott and is happy about it
Jul 27, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Key Democrat implies it’s not a certainty
Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Vlade Divac is trying to put the band back together
Jul 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Celtics and Warriors finalize David Lee trade
Jul 27, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Did he accept the qualifying offer?
Jul 27, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Indiana apparently liked what is saw from undrafted free agent last season
Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Protected second-round pick going back to Celtics
Jul 27, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Miller reportedly wanted to leave Cavaliers for a team that would play him more
Jul 27, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Both players to receive partially guaranteed contracts
Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
If Miller wants to be on a contender, it may not happen before the season starts.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If he ever writes a biography of his time with the team, that will be a must read.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4