Dec 31, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
As is often the case with the hectic travel schedules involved in the NBA, players may be in the air or on the road when major league news breaks — even when it concerns their own teams or the players themselves.
That’s how it went down with the Raptors on the afternoon of the deal the team made to send Rudy Gay to the Kings. Toronto was in transit to Staples Center in Los Angeles to face the Lakers, and news of the deal was delivered to a group of players who were on the first bus to the arena once they arrived by an assistant coach of that night’s opponent.
In a rare moment captured with behind-the-scenes footage (beginning at the 9:50 mark of the video clip above), we see players react to the news as they receive it — including Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy, who were also being shipped to Sacramento.
[via Rob Mahoney at SI.com]
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6