Dec 31, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
As is often the case with the hectic travel schedules involved in the NBA, players may be in the air or on the road when major league news breaks — even when it concerns their own teams or the players themselves.
That’s how it went down with the Raptors on the afternoon of the deal the team made to send Rudy Gay to the Kings. Toronto was in transit to Staples Center in Los Angeles to face the Lakers, and news of the deal was delivered to a group of players who were on the first bus to the arena once they arrived by an assistant coach of that night’s opponent.
In a rare moment captured with behind-the-scenes footage (beginning at the 9:50 mark of the video clip above), we see players react to the news as they receive it — including Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy, who were also being shipped to Sacramento.
[via Rob Mahoney at SI.com]
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13