Dec 31, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
As is often the case with the hectic travel schedules involved in the NBA, players may be in the air or on the road when major league news breaks — even when it concerns their own teams or the players themselves.
That’s how it went down with the Raptors on the afternoon of the deal the team made to send Rudy Gay to the Kings. Toronto was in transit to Staples Center in Los Angeles to face the Lakers, and news of the deal was delivered to a group of players who were on the first bus to the arena once they arrived by an assistant coach of that night’s opponent.
In a rare moment captured with behind-the-scenes footage (beginning at the 9:50 mark of the video clip above), we see players react to the news as they receive it — including Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy, who were also being shipped to Sacramento.
[via Rob Mahoney at SI.com]
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 0
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 44
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25