Dec 31, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
As is often the case with the hectic travel schedules involved in the NBA, players may be in the air or on the road when major league news breaks — even when it concerns their own teams or the players themselves.
That’s how it went down with the Raptors on the afternoon of the deal the team made to send Rudy Gay to the Kings. Toronto was in transit to Staples Center in Los Angeles to face the Lakers, and news of the deal was delivered to a group of players who were on the first bus to the arena once they arrived by an assistant coach of that night’s opponent.
In a rare moment captured with behind-the-scenes footage (beginning at the 9:50 mark of the video clip above), we see players react to the news as they receive it — including Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy, who were also being shipped to Sacramento.
[via Rob Mahoney at SI.com]
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49