Dec 31, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
As is often the case with the hectic travel schedules involved in the NBA, players may be in the air or on the road when major league news breaks — even when it concerns their own teams or the players themselves.
That’s how it went down with the Raptors on the afternoon of the deal the team made to send Rudy Gay to the Kings. Toronto was in transit to Staples Center in Los Angeles to face the Lakers, and news of the deal was delivered to a group of players who were on the first bus to the arena once they arrived by an assistant coach of that night’s opponent.
In a rare moment captured with behind-the-scenes footage (beginning at the 9:50 mark of the video clip above), we see players react to the news as they receive it — including Aaron Gray and Quincy Acy, who were also being shipped to Sacramento.
[via Rob Mahoney at SI.com]
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38