Dec 31, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Monday night the referees at the end of the Dallas/Minnesota game swallowed their whistles on a final shot where Love went up to try and tie the game and Shawn Marion reached in and got some ball and some arm, knocking the shot away. Dallas was up two at the time, Love would have been awarded two free throws and a chance to send the game to overtime.
Here is the official statement from the league.
“Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota’s Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas’ Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal. Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock.”
That apology and $4 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.
Minnesota still suffers the loss in the standings, in a game between two teams fighting for those final playoff spots in the West.
Of course, the Timberwolves have more to blame than the refs here — get more than 5 points total from your bench players and maybe it doesn’t come down to a final shot.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13