Dec 31, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT
Monday night the referees at the end of the Dallas/Minnesota game swallowed their whistles on a final shot where Love went up to try and tie the game and Shawn Marion reached in and got some ball and some arm, knocking the shot away. Dallas was up two at the time, Love would have been awarded two free throws and a chance to send the game to overtime.
Here is the official statement from the league.
“Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota’s Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas’ Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal. Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock.”
That apology and $4 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.
Minnesota still suffers the loss in the standings, in a game between two teams fighting for those final playoff spots in the West.
Of course, the Timberwolves have more to blame than the refs here — get more than 5 points total from your bench players and maybe it doesn’t come down to a final shot.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16