Dec 31, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Monday night the referees at the end of the Dallas/Minnesota game swallowed their whistles on a final shot where Love went up to try and tie the game and Shawn Marion reached in and got some ball and some arm, knocking the shot away. Dallas was up two at the time, Love would have been awarded two free throws and a chance to send the game to overtime.
Here is the official statement from the league.
“Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota’s Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas’ Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal. Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock.”
That apology and $4 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.
Minnesota still suffers the loss in the standings, in a game between two teams fighting for those final playoff spots in the West.
Of course, the Timberwolves have more to blame than the refs here — get more than 5 points total from your bench players and maybe it doesn’t come down to a final shot.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11