Dec 31, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Monday night the referees at the end of the Dallas/Minnesota game swallowed their whistles on a final shot where Love went up to try and tie the game and Shawn Marion reached in and got some ball and some arm, knocking the shot away. Dallas was up two at the time, Love would have been awarded two free throws and a chance to send the game to overtime.
Here is the official statement from the league.
“Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota’s Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas’ Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal. Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock.”
That apology and $4 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.
Minnesota still suffers the loss in the standings, in a game between two teams fighting for those final playoff spots in the West.
Of course, the Timberwolves have more to blame than the refs here — get more than 5 points total from your bench players and maybe it doesn’t come down to a final shot.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28