Dec 31, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman is going to get fined for these comments regarding Kevin Love‘s shot attempt on the final play of the Timberwolves’ loss to Dallas, via the Associated Press. I also don’t think he cares.
“He got fouled. I just wonder what that would have been if (Dirk) Nowitzki, LeBron James, all the top players in the league. … A guy reaches in on a last-second shot like that instead of challenging it. … Maybe they don’t understand Kevin is one of the top five players in the league.”
That is Adelman trying to get a future call and he is willing to write a check to do it.
I think this is a lot more of a borderline call than the Minnesota announcing crew. Watch the play and it looks like Marion gets some hand with the ball, but remember this explanation of “incidental contact” from the league:
The hand is considered “ part of the ball” when it is in contact with the ball and contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball is not a foul.
The question is not does Marion get any hand, it is does he get any arm? Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said no, but what do you expect him to say?
From the higher up camera angle it certainly looks like Marion commits a foul, but from the ground level camera to me it looks like a closer call.
The only answer I am sure about is that Adelman is going to go get fined.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73