Dec 31, 2013, 12:42 AM EDT
Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman is going to get fined for these comments regarding Kevin Love‘s shot attempt on the final play of the Timberwolves’ loss to Dallas, via the Associated Press. I also don’t think he cares.
“He got fouled. I just wonder what that would have been if (Dirk) Nowitzki, LeBron James, all the top players in the league. … A guy reaches in on a last-second shot like that instead of challenging it. … Maybe they don’t understand Kevin is one of the top five players in the league.”
That is Adelman trying to get a future call and he is willing to write a check to do it.
I think this is a lot more of a borderline call than the Minnesota announcing crew. Watch the play and it looks like Marion gets some hand with the ball, but remember this explanation of “incidental contact” from the league:
The hand is considered “ part of the ball” when it is in contact with the ball and contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball is not a foul.
The question is not does Marion get any hand, it is does he get any arm? Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said no, but what do you expect him to say?
From the higher up camera angle it certainly looks like Marion commits a foul, but from the ground level camera to me it looks like a closer call.
The only answer I am sure about is that Adelman is going to go get fined.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8