Dec 31, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
This is one of those highlight dunks where the guy getting dunked on deserves a little credit.
Detroit’s Greg Monroe stole the errant pass and was off to the races in transition (with numbers) and John Wall was the only Wizards’ player able to get back in a defensive position. A lot of players just would have let the dunk happen and taken the ball out of bounds, but Wall to his credit sizes Monroe up for the block.
It just doesn’t work out for him as Monroe powers through him for the impressive throwdown.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30