Dec 31, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
This is one of those highlight dunks where the guy getting dunked on deserves a little credit.
Detroit’s Greg Monroe stole the errant pass and was off to the races in transition (with numbers) and John Wall was the only Wizards’ player able to get back in a defensive position. A lot of players just would have let the dunk happen and taken the ball out of bounds, but Wall to his credit sizes Monroe up for the block.
It just doesn’t work out for him as Monroe powers through him for the impressive throwdown.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10