Dec 31, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
This is one of those highlight dunks where the guy getting dunked on deserves a little credit.
Detroit’s Greg Monroe stole the errant pass and was off to the races in transition (with numbers) and John Wall was the only Wizards’ player able to get back in a defensive position. A lot of players just would have let the dunk happen and taken the ball out of bounds, but Wall to his credit sizes Monroe up for the block.
It just doesn’t work out for him as Monroe powers through him for the impressive throwdown.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49