Dec 30, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
And if you had any hope in Atlanta of everything coming together just in time for the playoffs… sorry.
Center and team MVP Al Horford will have surgery on his torn pectoral muscle ending his season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports. Horford was expected to miss most of the season, this simply makes it a formality.
This just sucks for basketball fans for a few reasons. One is the Hawks were one of only three teams in the East over .500. Now the third best team in the East falls apart.
Another is Horford had been playing the best ball of his career this season. He was averaging 18.6 points a game on 56.7 percent shooting (he has a true shooting percentage of 58.8 percent) and he grabbed 8.4 rebounds a game. Horford and Paul Millsap formed an undersized but strong front line.
Jul 28, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
Ennis will get the chance to prove his case in training camp.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Larry Brown said the condition had Popovich thinking about retirement.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Wasn’t this obvious already?
Jul 27, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It could work — in very limited circumstances.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Bird also says Jordan would destroy him one-on-one right now.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
James Ennis seems on the bubble with Miami.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
I so hope this isn’t staged.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Dragic would not have fit the triangle, but he’s talented.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Center goes from Frank Vogel to Byron Scott and is happy about it
Jul 27, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Key Democrat implies it’s not a certainty
Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Vlade Divac is trying to put the band back together
Jul 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Celtics and Warriors finalize David Lee trade
Jul 27, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Did he accept the qualifying offer?
Jul 27, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Indiana apparently liked what is saw from undrafted free agent last season
Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Protected second-round pick going back to Celtics
Jul 27, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Miller reportedly wanted to leave Cavaliers for a team that would play him more
Jul 27, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Both players to receive partially guaranteed contracts
Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
If Miller wants to be on a contender, it may not happen before the season starts.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If he ever writes a biography of his time with the team, that will be a must read.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4