Dec 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Rajon Rondo is working his way back from his torn ACL and while he is working out it could well be a month before we see him step on an NBA court.
But we might see him on a D-League court sooner.
It what would be a rare move, the Celtics are considering sending Rondo to the Maine Red Claws, their D-League affiliate, to get a few games under his belt.
I think this is a trend we could see more and more of in the NBA as the D-League becomes more like a traditional minor league for teams.
You see this all the time in baseball, guys getting a few swings or a few innings on the mound at a AA team before coming back up to the majors. Why not have Rondo out there shaking off a little rust with these guys?
Plus, what a boon for the D-League and teams that are always trying to find ways to sell some tickets.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45