Dec 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is working his way back from his torn ACL and while he is working out it could well be a month before we see him step on an NBA court.
But we might see him on a D-League court sooner.
It what would be a rare move, the Celtics are considering sending Rondo to the Maine Red Claws, their D-League affiliate, to get a few games under his belt.
I think this is a trend we could see more and more of in the NBA as the D-League becomes more like a traditional minor league for teams.
You see this all the time in baseball, guys getting a few swings or a few innings on the mound at a AA team before coming back up to the majors. Why not have Rondo out there shaking off a little rust with these guys?
Plus, what a boon for the D-League and teams that are always trying to find ways to sell some tickets.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33