Dec 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Rajon Rondo is working his way back from his torn ACL and while he is working out it could well be a month before we see him step on an NBA court.
But we might see him on a D-League court sooner.
It what would be a rare move, the Celtics are considering sending Rondo to the Maine Red Claws, their D-League affiliate, to get a few games under his belt.
I think this is a trend we could see more and more of in the NBA as the D-League becomes more like a traditional minor league for teams.
You see this all the time in baseball, guys getting a few swings or a few innings on the mound at a AA team before coming back up to the majors. Why not have Rondo out there shaking off a little rust with these guys?
Plus, what a boon for the D-League and teams that are always trying to find ways to sell some tickets.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25