Dec 30, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo is working his way back from his torn ACL and while he is working out it could well be a month before we see him step on an NBA court.
But we might see him on a D-League court sooner.
It what would be a rare move, the Celtics are considering sending Rondo to the Maine Red Claws, their D-League affiliate, to get a few games under his belt.
I think this is a trend we could see more and more of in the NBA as the D-League becomes more like a traditional minor league for teams.
You see this all the time in baseball, guys getting a few swings or a few innings on the mound at a AA team before coming back up to the majors. Why not have Rondo out there shaking off a little rust with these guys?
Plus, what a boon for the D-League and teams that are always trying to find ways to sell some tickets.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20