Dec 30, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Gasol practiced with the Lakers Monday and will be back in the lineup Tuesday as the Lakers try to snap their five-game losing streak against the Bucks. This was reported by Mike Trudell of the Lakers, among others.
Gasol had been out the last three Lakers games. Gasol has averaged 14.7 points and 9.4 rebounds a game this season, but done it with just an above average level of efficiency (not like the vintage Gasol at all).
Gasol has been battling an upper respiratory infection on and off much of the season. When he has played he clearly has not been his old self, having not played with a lot of passion and effort. Whether that is a remnant of the illness or his lack of feeling comfort in the Mike D’Antoni system is up to you.
The Lakers have previously and may again try to trade Gasol but there are not good options — teams are not willing to take on part of his $19.3 million contract this year for a rental.
Gasol returns to a soft landing spot against the struggling Bucks, although they have gotten back from injury a good defensive center in Larry Sanders who will test Gasol.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 8
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 11
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 39
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6