Dec 30, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Gasol practiced with the Lakers Monday and will be back in the lineup Tuesday as the Lakers try to snap their five-game losing streak against the Bucks. This was reported by Mike Trudell of the Lakers, among others.
Gasol had been out the last three Lakers games. Gasol has averaged 14.7 points and 9.4 rebounds a game this season, but done it with just an above average level of efficiency (not like the vintage Gasol at all).
Gasol has been battling an upper respiratory infection on and off much of the season. When he has played he clearly has not been his old self, having not played with a lot of passion and effort. Whether that is a remnant of the illness or his lack of feeling comfort in the Mike D’Antoni system is up to you.
The Lakers have previously and may again try to trade Gasol but there are not good options — teams are not willing to take on part of his $19.3 million contract this year for a rental.
Gasol returns to a soft landing spot against the struggling Bucks, although they have gotten back from injury a good defensive center in Larry Sanders who will test Gasol.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 37
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89