Dec 30, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Gasol practiced with the Lakers Monday and will be back in the lineup Tuesday as the Lakers try to snap their five-game losing streak against the Bucks. This was reported by Mike Trudell of the Lakers, among others.
Gasol had been out the last three Lakers games. Gasol has averaged 14.7 points and 9.4 rebounds a game this season, but done it with just an above average level of efficiency (not like the vintage Gasol at all).
Gasol has been battling an upper respiratory infection on and off much of the season. When he has played he clearly has not been his old self, having not played with a lot of passion and effort. Whether that is a remnant of the illness or his lack of feeling comfort in the Mike D’Antoni system is up to you.
The Lakers have previously and may again try to trade Gasol but there are not good options — teams are not willing to take on part of his $19.3 million contract this year for a rental.
Gasol returns to a soft landing spot against the struggling Bucks, although they have gotten back from injury a good defensive center in Larry Sanders who will test Gasol.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6