Dec 30, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Y’all the only one who got a problem with it,” Cheeks said. “Me and Josh are fine. Josh and I are fine.”
Thanks for correcting the grammar, Mo.
The Pistons had two ugly losses over the weekend and in those games Smith didn’t play well, but I’d like you to find the Pistons player that did. This is a team that is 14-18 this season (which amazingly is good enough for seventh in the East).
Maybe Cheeks was trying to make a point, singling out the team’s highest paid player for extra punishment. Still, that comes off as a gimmick for a coach who has struggled to find lineups that work well this season.
Especially if he tries to play Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe together — they are -6.4 points per 48 minutes when paired this season, they are -8.8 points per 100 possessions. Amazingly, this group struggles defensively — when paired the Pistons allow 109.7 points per 100 possessions. That is 5 points per 100 more than the team average.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 9
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 48
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43