Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As the year winds down, the good folks at the NBA are putting together some compilation reels of the best plays of 2013. This one features the top clutch shots of the calendar year, and if you’ve paid attention at all, it’s easy to predict that the shot Ray Allen hit to save the Heat’s season and send Game 6 of the Finals into overtime would be at the top of the list.
There were some who downplayed the greatness of the 2013 Finals, pointing to the fact that many of the games were blowouts. But the level of basketball played over the course of that series was as good as it gets, and the fact that we have two of the year’s top clutch plays to show for it only solidifies that truth.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 4
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22