Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As the year winds down, the good folks at the NBA are putting together some compilation reels of the best plays of 2013. This one features the top clutch shots of the calendar year, and if you’ve paid attention at all, it’s easy to predict that the shot Ray Allen hit to save the Heat’s season and send Game 6 of the Finals into overtime would be at the top of the list.
There were some who downplayed the greatness of the 2013 Finals, pointing to the fact that many of the games were blowouts. But the level of basketball played over the course of that series was as good as it gets, and the fact that we have two of the year’s top clutch plays to show for it only solidifies that truth.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28