Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As the year winds down, the good folks at the NBA are putting together some compilation reels of the best plays of 2013. This one features the top clutch shots of the calendar year, and if you’ve paid attention at all, it’s easy to predict that the shot Ray Allen hit to save the Heat’s season and send Game 6 of the Finals into overtime would be at the top of the list.
There were some who downplayed the greatness of the 2013 Finals, pointing to the fact that many of the games were blowouts. But the level of basketball played over the course of that series was as good as it gets, and the fact that we have two of the year’s top clutch plays to show for it only solidifies that truth.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6