Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As the year winds down, the good folks at the NBA are putting together some compilation reels of the best plays of 2013. This one features the top clutch shots of the calendar year, and if you’ve paid attention at all, it’s easy to predict that the shot Ray Allen hit to save the Heat’s season and send Game 6 of the Finals into overtime would be at the top of the list.
There were some who downplayed the greatness of the 2013 Finals, pointing to the fact that many of the games were blowouts. But the level of basketball played over the course of that series was as good as it gets, and the fact that we have two of the year’s top clutch plays to show for it only solidifies that truth.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28