Dec 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
As the year winds down, the good folks at the NBA are putting together some compilation reels of the best plays of 2013. This one features the top clutch shots of the calendar year, and if you’ve paid attention at all, it’s easy to predict that the shot Ray Allen hit to save the Heat’s season and send Game 6 of the Finals into overtime would be at the top of the list.
There were some who downplayed the greatness of the 2013 Finals, pointing to the fact that many of the games were blowouts. But the level of basketball played over the course of that series was as good as it gets, and the fact that we have two of the year’s top clutch plays to show for it only solidifies that truth.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16