Dec 29, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
If you’re the Atlanta Hawks and you need a three, you design a play for Kyle Korver. Which they did. Thing is, the Charlotte Bobcats are a solid defensive team and up three with 11.8 seconds left when they saw Korver get the ball they triple-teamed him.
Korver dished to Pero Antic in the corner — the Macedonian big man is hitting a respectable 32.3 percent of his threes this season.
Al Jefferson closes out well on Antic, who takes a couple little dribbles to his left and hits an off-balance, one-legged three to force overtime (where the Hawks won 118-116).
Antic should have yelled “H” after hitting that shot.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 0
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 6
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 80
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20