Dec 29, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Gasol will miss three games in total with the ailment, which kept him out of L.A.’s loss to the Warriors eight days ago. He tried to play through it in contests at Phoenix and at home against Miami, with mixed results. Gasol logged just 10 points and four rebounds in 20 minutes against the Suns, but finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds in 29 minutes against the Heat on Christmas Day.
Chris Kaman got the start in Gasol’s absence on Friday against the Jazz, and played well, finishing with 19 points on 7-of-11 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds and three blocked shots in 30 minutes of action. He has struggled, however, to gain D’Antoni’s trust for whatever reason, and the coach told reporters that Jordan Hill will likely start in Kaman’s place on Sunday against the Sixers.
The Lakers are currently riding a four-game losing streak, their longest of the young season. D’Antoni said he expects Gasol back in the lineup for the team’s next game on Tuesday in Milwaukee against the Bucks.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17