Dec 29, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Gasol will miss three games in total with the ailment, which kept him out of L.A.’s loss to the Warriors eight days ago. He tried to play through it in contests at Phoenix and at home against Miami, with mixed results. Gasol logged just 10 points and four rebounds in 20 minutes against the Suns, but finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds in 29 minutes against the Heat on Christmas Day.
Chris Kaman got the start in Gasol’s absence on Friday against the Jazz, and played well, finishing with 19 points on 7-of-11 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds and three blocked shots in 30 minutes of action. He has struggled, however, to gain D’Antoni’s trust for whatever reason, and the coach told reporters that Jordan Hill will likely start in Kaman’s place on Sunday against the Sixers.
The Lakers are currently riding a four-game losing streak, their longest of the young season. D’Antoni said he expects Gasol back in the lineup for the team’s next game on Tuesday in Milwaukee against the Bucks.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14