Dec 29, 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
Sorry Blazers fans, but this is what your team has been doing to other fan bases all season long.
Portland has hit a lot of big shots this season, this time it happened to them. Miami was down two with 7.7 seconds left after some Nicolas Batum free throws. Dwyane Wade got the inbounds pass and drove right off a Chris Bosh pick, drew both Batum and Bosh’s man LaMarcus Aldridge, then threw a blind backwards pass to Bosh, who had time to collect the ball, gather himself and sink the game winning the three over Damian Lillard and Wes Mathews as they close out.
Then LeBron James covered Bosh with his jacket, ala James Brown.
Bosh led Miami with 37 points. This is a big win for the Heat — a road win over a quality opponent and they did it with LeBron in street clothes.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18