Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:43 PM EDT
The Wizards are wise to wait on offering a max.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:04 PM EDT
He tore the ACL last month playing for Australia.
Sep 3, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
The trade speculation around him is not based in reality.
Sep 3, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
Moreland was reportedly considering Pistons and Lakers
Sep 3, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
Weird or nah?
Sep 3, 2015, 2:21 PM EDT
Cavaliers craft unusual contract to give Smith a partial guarantee next season
Sep 3, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
Former Knick and Raptor had hip surgery
Sep 3, 2015, 12:28 PM EDT
Nets are reportedly valued at $700 million
Report: J.R. Smith’s contract has less guaranteed money over two years than player option would’ve presented over one
Sep 3, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Smith’s deal full of incentives
Sep 3, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
Thompson reportedly waiting for a max contract
Sep 3, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Memphis mum on when rookie will return
Sep 3, 2015, 8:32 AM EDT
Will he and Rick Carlisle get along?
Sep 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He will be remembered as a Celtic, but Los Angeles is his hometown.
Sep 3, 2015, 12:10 AM EDT
These are just classic.
Sep 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
He’s making $1.5 million less than if he opted in this season, but he does have another year.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
With the additions to the Celtics’ roster, this is the smart play.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
He could be back on the court around Thanksgiving, if a team picks him up.
Sep 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
It’s not unreasonable.
Sep 2, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
Don’t bring a loaded Glock to an airport, people. It’s pretty much common sense.
Sep 2, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
Expect the Mavericks to be cautious with his return.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 46
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4