Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11