Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47