Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 0
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 20
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16