Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9