Dec 28, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
This … did not look good.
Bradley Beal appeared to suffer an injury to his left knee late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday. Beal crumbled with 4:25 to play in the game and his team trailing by 21 points, and needed to be helped off the floor at the time.
The post game X-rays were negative. He will have an MRI on Saturday.
Beal missed nine games earlier this season with what was deemed a stress injury to his right fibula.
We’ll wait for the official diagnosis, of course, and will hope for the best. Beal is an important part of the Wizards’ future, which leads you to wonder why he was in the game to begin with when the deficit was so large and there was so little time remaining.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26