Dec 28, 2013, 2:26 AM EDT
With 11 seconds left and a tie game against the Lakers 103-103, the Jazz wisely put the ball in the hands of Gordon Hayward to create something. Derrick Favors came out by the arc and set a screen which Hayward used to drive right — Xavier Henry went over the top of the screen and chased, Robert Sacre (Favors man) didn’t hedge out but rather tried to stay back and cut off the angle, but he couldn’t completely as Hayward got in for a lay-up. Jordan Hill came over to challenge the shot. Between the three of them they forced Hayward to go high off the glass and he missed it.
But nobody put a body on Favors, who rolled to the rim and threw down a huge putback dunk off the miss that gives Utah a 105-103 win over Los Angeles.
Well done Favors. Well done.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 7
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 24
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16