Dec 28, 2013, 2:26 AM EDT
With 11 seconds left and a tie game against the Lakers 103-103, the Jazz wisely put the ball in the hands of Gordon Hayward to create something. Derrick Favors came out by the arc and set a screen which Hayward used to drive right — Xavier Henry went over the top of the screen and chased, Robert Sacre (Favors man) didn’t hedge out but rather tried to stay back and cut off the angle, but he couldn’t completely as Hayward got in for a lay-up. Jordan Hill came over to challenge the shot. Between the three of them they forced Hayward to go high off the glass and he missed it.
But nobody put a body on Favors, who rolled to the rim and threw down a huge putback dunk off the miss that gives Utah a 105-103 win over Los Angeles.
Well done Favors. Well done.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15