Dec 28, 2013, 2:26 AM EDT
With 11 seconds left and a tie game against the Lakers 103-103, the Jazz wisely put the ball in the hands of Gordon Hayward to create something. Derrick Favors came out by the arc and set a screen which Hayward used to drive right — Xavier Henry went over the top of the screen and chased, Robert Sacre (Favors man) didn’t hedge out but rather tried to stay back and cut off the angle, but he couldn’t completely as Hayward got in for a lay-up. Jordan Hill came over to challenge the shot. Between the three of them they forced Hayward to go high off the glass and he missed it.
But nobody put a body on Favors, who rolled to the rim and threw down a huge putback dunk off the miss that gives Utah a 105-103 win over Los Angeles.
Well done Favors. Well done.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 7
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21