Dec 28, 2013, 2:26 AM EST
With 11 seconds left and a tie game against the Lakers 103-103, the Jazz wisely put the ball in the hands of Gordon Hayward to create something. Derrick Favors came out by the arc and set a screen which Hayward used to drive right — Xavier Henry went over the top of the screen and chased, Robert Sacre (Favors man) didn’t hedge out but rather tried to stay back and cut off the angle, but he couldn’t completely as Hayward got in for a lay-up. Jordan Hill came over to challenge the shot. Between the three of them they forced Hayward to go high off the glass and he missed it.
But nobody put a body on Favors, who rolled to the rim and threw down a huge putback dunk off the miss that gives Utah a 105-103 win over Los Angeles.
Well done Favors. Well done.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13