Dec 28, 2013, 2:26 AM EDT
With 11 seconds left and a tie game against the Lakers 103-103, the Jazz wisely put the ball in the hands of Gordon Hayward to create something. Derrick Favors came out by the arc and set a screen which Hayward used to drive right — Xavier Henry went over the top of the screen and chased, Robert Sacre (Favors man) didn’t hedge out but rather tried to stay back and cut off the angle, but he couldn’t completely as Hayward got in for a lay-up. Jordan Hill came over to challenge the shot. Between the three of them they forced Hayward to go high off the glass and he missed it.
But nobody put a body on Favors, who rolled to the rim and threw down a huge putback dunk off the miss that gives Utah a 105-103 win over Los Angeles.
Well done Favors. Well done.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23