Dec 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
It looked pretty bad when it happened — Bradley Beal seemed to twist his knee awkwardly late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday, and was carried off the floor by his teammates.
While it’s tough to make a visual diagnosis of any but the most gruesome of injuries, history tells us that seeing a player carted off like that means something serious occurred that would likely sideline the player for a significant amount of time.
Thankfully in this instance, that wasn’t the case.
Wizards Brad Beal suffered a bruised left knee, source told ESPN. Chance he may even play tonight.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 28, 2013
The news has been confirmed by J. Michael of CSNWashington, who similarly reports that Beal will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
There would appear to be no reason to rush Beal back into action after such a scare, especially on the second night of a back-to-back set as his team hosts the Pistons. We’ll see what the ultimate decision is, but either way, this comes as a huge relief to both Beal and the Wizards.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18