Dec 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
It looked pretty bad when it happened — Bradley Beal seemed to twist his knee awkwardly late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday, and was carried off the floor by his teammates.
While it’s tough to make a visual diagnosis of any but the most gruesome of injuries, history tells us that seeing a player carted off like that means something serious occurred that would likely sideline the player for a significant amount of time.
Thankfully in this instance, that wasn’t the case.
Wizards Brad Beal suffered a bruised left knee, source told ESPN. Chance he may even play tonight.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 28, 2013
The news has been confirmed by J. Michael of CSNWashington, who similarly reports that Beal will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
There would appear to be no reason to rush Beal back into action after such a scare, especially on the second night of a back-to-back set as his team hosts the Pistons. We’ll see what the ultimate decision is, but either way, this comes as a huge relief to both Beal and the Wizards.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 35
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70