Dec 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
It looked pretty bad when it happened — Bradley Beal seemed to twist his knee awkwardly late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday, and was carried off the floor by his teammates.
While it’s tough to make a visual diagnosis of any but the most gruesome of injuries, history tells us that seeing a player carted off like that means something serious occurred that would likely sideline the player for a significant amount of time.
Thankfully in this instance, that wasn’t the case.
Wizards Brad Beal suffered a bruised left knee, source told ESPN. Chance he may even play tonight.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 28, 2013
The news has been confirmed by J. Michael of CSNWashington, who similarly reports that Beal will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
There would appear to be no reason to rush Beal back into action after such a scare, especially on the second night of a back-to-back set as his team hosts the Pistons. We’ll see what the ultimate decision is, but either way, this comes as a huge relief to both Beal and the Wizards.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7