Dec 28, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
It looked pretty bad when it happened — Bradley Beal seemed to twist his knee awkwardly late in the Wizards loss to the Timberwolves on Friday, and was carried off the floor by his teammates.
While it’s tough to make a visual diagnosis of any but the most gruesome of injuries, history tells us that seeing a player carted off like that means something serious occurred that would likely sideline the player for a significant amount of time.
Thankfully in this instance, that wasn’t the case.
Wizards Brad Beal suffered a bruised left knee, source told ESPN. Chance he may even play tonight.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 28, 2013
The news has been confirmed by J. Michael of CSNWashington, who similarly reports that Beal will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
There would appear to be no reason to rush Beal back into action after such a scare, especially on the second night of a back-to-back set as his team hosts the Pistons. We’ll see what the ultimate decision is, but either way, this comes as a huge relief to both Beal and the Wizards.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 29
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 61
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 32
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 75