Dec 28, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Chalmers picked up a flagrant for body checking Cousins, who went flying to the floor with under a minute and a half remaining in regulation. Afterward, Chalmers seemed to question the legitimacy of Cousins’ physical reaction.
Chalmers on flagrant foul with Cousins: “I went for a box out and he flopped. He went flying. That’s exactly what happened. He flopped.”
— Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) December 28, 2013
It’s possible that the much smaller Chalmers caught Cousins at an awkward angle and that the fall was legit. More likely, however, is that Cousins exaggerated the contact to try to sell the call.
It probably didn’t hurt his cause that on the previous possession, Cousins fell awkwardly to the floor after what appeared to be an intentional throwdown by James, although replays appeared to show that it was unintentional.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32