Dec 28, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Chalmers picked up a flagrant for body checking Cousins, who went flying to the floor with under a minute and a half remaining in regulation. Afterward, Chalmers seemed to question the legitimacy of Cousins’ physical reaction.
Chalmers on flagrant foul with Cousins: “I went for a box out and he flopped. He went flying. That’s exactly what happened. He flopped.”
— Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) December 28, 2013
It’s possible that the much smaller Chalmers caught Cousins at an awkward angle and that the fall was legit. More likely, however, is that Cousins exaggerated the contact to try to sell the call.
It probably didn’t hurt his cause that on the previous possession, Cousins fell awkwardly to the floor after what appeared to be an intentional throwdown by James, although replays appeared to show that it was unintentional.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 0
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 16
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3