Dec 28, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Chalmers picked up a flagrant for body checking Cousins, who went flying to the floor with under a minute and a half remaining in regulation. Afterward, Chalmers seemed to question the legitimacy of Cousins’ physical reaction.
Chalmers on flagrant foul with Cousins: “I went for a box out and he flopped. He went flying. That’s exactly what happened. He flopped.”
— Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) December 28, 2013
It’s possible that the much smaller Chalmers caught Cousins at an awkward angle and that the fall was legit. More likely, however, is that Cousins exaggerated the contact to try to sell the call.
It probably didn’t hurt his cause that on the previous possession, Cousins fell awkwardly to the floor after what appeared to be an intentional throwdown by James, although replays appeared to show that it was unintentional.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11