Dec 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
If you were looking forward to a full strength Miami Heat team taking on the Trail Blazers Saturday, you may be disappointed.
LeBron James strained his groin in the second quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Kings Friday night and is questionable for the anticipated Saturday showdown, so reports Ethan Skolnick of Bleacher Report.
But, after he spoke to the media, and revealed that he’d strained his groin sometime way back in the second quarter, James’ discomfort became painfully clear.
The simple walk to the shower was a struggle.
“It ain’t feeling too good right now,” James said.
Of course the real test is how it feels when LeBron wakes up Saturday morning. However groins, like hamstrings, can be easy to re-injure and linger if they don’t heal right the first time.
Which is to say, expect the Heat to error on the side of caution and sit LeBron Saturday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Saturday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Saturday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Not that other teams are weeping for Miami about this. Especially not when you look around the East and see Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Brook Lopez, and now Al Horford out for extended periods of time. LeBron is not going to be out that kind of time, But he needs to get this right before returning.
What we do miss out on is the full showdown with the Trail Blazers.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11