Dec 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
If you were looking forward to a full strength Miami Heat team taking on the Trail Blazers Saturday, you may be disappointed.
LeBron James strained his groin in the second quarter of the Heat’s loss to the Kings Friday night and is questionable for the anticipated Saturday showdown, so reports Ethan Skolnick of Bleacher Report.
But, after he spoke to the media, and revealed that he’d strained his groin sometime way back in the second quarter, James’ discomfort became painfully clear.
The simple walk to the shower was a struggle.
“It ain’t feeling too good right now,” James said.
Of course the real test is how it feels when LeBron wakes up Saturday morning. However groins, like hamstrings, can be easy to re-injure and linger if they don’t heal right the first time.
Which is to say, expect the Heat to error on the side of caution and sit LeBron Saturday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Saturday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Saturday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Not that other teams are weeping for Miami about this. Especially not when you look around the East and see Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Brook Lopez, and now Al Horford out for extended periods of time. LeBron is not going to be out that kind of time, But he needs to get this right before returning.
What we do miss out on is the full showdown with the Trail Blazers.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36