Dec 28, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Jason Kidd is reportedly in danger of losing his job in the middle of his first season as an NBA head coach.
The Nets have had to deal with more than their fair share of injuries to be sure, including the one to Brook Lopez that is expected to sideline him the rest of the season. But between parting ways with his most experienced assistant in Lawrence Frank and trying to change things on the fly with virtually no practice time, the plan, if indeed there is one, doesn’t seem to be working at this time.
Kidd wouldn’t address the latest report following his team’s easy win over the Bucks on Friday, and essentially called it a complete fabrication.
“I just coach and get my guys ready,” Kidd shrugged, flashing a smile at the podium following the team’s 104-93 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. “I can’t answer to what you guys make up. I’m sorry. I don’t have an answer to that question.”
Players have said the team lacks an identity, and that’s what happens when a rookie head coach working under the pressure of high expectations and a payroll in the neighborhood of $180 million is desperate to achieve results.
It may be true that due to the constant injuries and overall circumstances surrounding this Nets team that Kidd hasn’t gotten the fairest of chances to succeed as a head coach. But if the losing persists over time and the players continue to question the team’s direction, then fair or not, Kidd will be replaced before the season is finished.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28