Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Kyrie Irving was just a scoring machine — 40 points on 33 shots against the Hawks on Thursday night, with 12 of those coming in the second overtime when he went 5-of-6 from the floor. Irving was driving the lane, hitting step backs, generally just doing whatever he wished.
The Hawks’ Jeff Teague answered him — 34 points on the night, with seven of those in the second overtime. It was Teague who knocked down the game winner from straight away, coming off a double screen.
Teague and Irving made the Atlanta/Cleveland game the most entertaining one of the night (no offense, Trail Blazers and Clippers).
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5