Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Kyrie Irving was just a scoring machine — 40 points on 33 shots against the Hawks on Thursday night, with 12 of those coming in the second overtime when he went 5-of-6 from the floor. Irving was driving the lane, hitting step backs, generally just doing whatever he wished.
The Hawks’ Jeff Teague answered him — 34 points on the night, with seven of those in the second overtime. It was Teague who knocked down the game winner from straight away, coming off a double screen.
Teague and Irving made the Atlanta/Cleveland game the most entertaining one of the night (no offense, Trail Blazers and Clippers).
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16