Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Kyrie Irving was just a scoring machine — 40 points on 33 shots against the Hawks on Thursday night, with 12 of those coming in the second overtime when he went 5-of-6 from the floor. Irving was driving the lane, hitting step backs, generally just doing whatever he wished.
The Hawks’ Jeff Teague answered him — 34 points on the night, with seven of those in the second overtime. It was Teague who knocked down the game winner from straight away, coming off a double screen.
Teague and Irving made the Atlanta/Cleveland game the most entertaining one of the night (no offense, Trail Blazers and Clippers).
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 2
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13