Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EDT
Kyrie Irving was just a scoring machine — 40 points on 33 shots against the Hawks on Thursday night, with 12 of those coming in the second overtime when he went 5-of-6 from the floor. Irving was driving the lane, hitting step backs, generally just doing whatever he wished.
The Hawks’ Jeff Teague answered him — 34 points on the night, with seven of those in the second overtime. It was Teague who knocked down the game winner from straight away, coming off a double screen.
Teague and Irving made the Atlanta/Cleveland game the most entertaining one of the night (no offense, Trail Blazers and Clippers).
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 44
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29