Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM EST
Kyrie Irving was just a scoring machine — 40 points on 33 shots against the Hawks on Thursday night, with 12 of those coming in the second overtime when he went 5-of-6 from the floor. Irving was driving the lane, hitting step backs, generally just doing whatever he wished.
The Hawks’ Jeff Teague answered him — 34 points on the night, with seven of those in the second overtime. It was Teague who knocked down the game winner from straight away, coming off a double screen.
Teague and Irving made the Atlanta/Cleveland game the most entertaining one of the night (no offense, Trail Blazers and Clippers).
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8