Dec 27, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo was largely a mystery heading into the draft, thanks to playing internationally where few ever got the chance to see him in person.
When I was in Italy for adidas Eurocamp this past summer, he was playing a game in a half-empty gym about a 45-minute drive from where we were in Treviso, and plenty of NBA scouts and general managers made the trek to try to get a glimpse of him in the flesh.
(Not me — I opted for the tiramisu at an amazing spot downtown.)
The point here is that the Bucks took a chance, and are beginning to reap the rewards. Giannis is proving to be a rare athletic talent, and showed it on this play against the Nets, where the big man looked like a skilled wing player in putting the ball on the floor and effortlessly driving to the basket for the easy slam dunk.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38