Dec 27, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
“It’s obvious. It was the refs tonight. I mean, eight against five. I mean, the game was, in the second half, (James Harden) is shooting a free throw every time. We out there playing hard. They dictating the game. It can’t be like that, man. We’re out here playing, too. It was a horrible game they reffed tonight, awful. They dictated the game – plain, point, simple. They dictated the game.”
As those words came out of Zach Randolph‘s mouth Thursday night you knew a fine was coming from the league.
It did officially Friday afternoon, Randolph was hit with a $25,000 for criticizing the officials.
Harden got to the line 25 times in that game. Our own Dan Feldman went back and watched the fouls and found there were a few bad calls, and a few borderline ones that went the Rockets way, but it was not as bad as the Grizzlies claimed.
But Harden was the more aggressive player and Memphis is a physical team on defense. This isn’t some huge surprise. In pretty much every level of basketball the calls will go to the player being the more aggressive, the one attacking. That’s Harden’s game and with no Marc Gasol in the Memphis paint Harden was able to take advantage.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47