Dec 26, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
We told you they were coming, the NBA reminded you plenty that you could buy them, and at points they were the talk of twitter — the NBA/Adidas Christmas Day “Big Logo” sleeved jerseys.
Let’s just say the general reaction to them online was pretty much the same as the one you had when to your mother-in-law when gave you that purple V-neck sweater for Christmas.
Personally, the sleeved jerseys don’t bother me but I know they do some people (including LeBron James). I’ll add this — early reports are the sleeved jerseys are selling fairly well. There are two reasons these are not going away anytime soon: 1) The NBA and Adidas want to sell jerseys to guys who wouldn’t buy or wear a traditional tank top version; 2) When advertising does come to NBA jerseys (and it will) the sleeve is another place to put it and have it be largely unobtrusive but would get seen.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 12
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2