Dec 26, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
We told you they were coming, the NBA reminded you plenty that you could buy them, and at points they were the talk of twitter — the NBA/Adidas Christmas Day “Big Logo” sleeved jerseys.
Let’s just say the general reaction to them online was pretty much the same as the one you had when to your mother-in-law when gave you that purple V-neck sweater for Christmas.
Personally, the sleeved jerseys don’t bother me but I know they do some people (including LeBron James). I’ll add this — early reports are the sleeved jerseys are selling fairly well. There are two reasons these are not going away anytime soon: 1) The NBA and Adidas want to sell jerseys to guys who wouldn’t buy or wear a traditional tank top version; 2) When advertising does come to NBA jerseys (and it will) the sleeve is another place to put it and have it be largely unobtrusive but would get seen.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59