Dec 26, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
We told you they were coming, the NBA reminded you plenty that you could buy them, and at points they were the talk of twitter — the NBA/Adidas Christmas Day “Big Logo” sleeved jerseys.
Let’s just say the general reaction to them online was pretty much the same as the one you had when to your mother-in-law when gave you that purple V-neck sweater for Christmas.
Personally, the sleeved jerseys don’t bother me but I know they do some people (including LeBron James). I’ll add this — early reports are the sleeved jerseys are selling fairly well. There are two reasons these are not going away anytime soon: 1) The NBA and Adidas want to sell jerseys to guys who wouldn’t buy or wear a traditional tank top version; 2) When advertising does come to NBA jerseys (and it will) the sleeve is another place to put it and have it be largely unobtrusive but would get seen.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17