Dec 26, 2013, 11:10 AM EDT
We told you they were coming, the NBA reminded you plenty that you could buy them, and at points they were the talk of twitter — the NBA/Adidas Christmas Day “Big Logo” sleeved jerseys.
Let’s just say the general reaction to them online was pretty much the same as the one you had when to your mother-in-law when gave you that purple V-neck sweater for Christmas.
Personally, the sleeved jerseys don’t bother me but I know they do some people (including LeBron James). I’ll add this — early reports are the sleeved jerseys are selling fairly well. There are two reasons these are not going away anytime soon: 1) The NBA and Adidas want to sell jerseys to guys who wouldn’t buy or wear a traditional tank top version; 2) When advertising does come to NBA jerseys (and it will) the sleeve is another place to put it and have it be largely unobtrusive but would get seen.
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 12
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 12
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23