Dec 26, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
Shocking news, the Brooklyn Nets have a dysfunctional locker room.
I’m not going to spend a lot of time kicking this dead horse, we’ve done that plenty in these parts, but we have to pass along this report.
After the Bulls thumped the Nets on Christmas Day in front of a national television audience, Jason Kidd unloaded on his team. As he should have. More importantly, Kevin Garnett had his back.
The frustration is mounting. According to league sources, after Kidd yelled at the team on Wednesday, Kevin Garnett stood up and vented his frustration before walking out to the showers. Multiple sources stressed Garnett backs Kidd and that the veteran’s frustration has been building over some of his teammates’ lack of fight after the Nets lost by 17 points for the second straight game.
Sources also said Garnett’s walking out was viewed as him being one of the few Nets to care about the team’s downward spiral.
I imagine KG is frustrated. His play is also part of the problem.
And with no Brook Lopez the rest of this season, and a team that is capped out and without draft picks next summer, good luck fixing it.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 3
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7