Dec 26, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Shocking news, the Brooklyn Nets have a dysfunctional locker room.
I’m not going to spend a lot of time kicking this dead horse, we’ve done that plenty in these parts, but we have to pass along this report.
After the Bulls thumped the Nets on Christmas Day in front of a national television audience, Jason Kidd unloaded on his team. As he should have. More importantly, Kevin Garnett had his back.
The frustration is mounting. According to league sources, after Kidd yelled at the team on Wednesday, Kevin Garnett stood up and vented his frustration before walking out to the showers. Multiple sources stressed Garnett backs Kidd and that the veteran’s frustration has been building over some of his teammates’ lack of fight after the Nets lost by 17 points for the second straight game.
Sources also said Garnett’s walking out was viewed as him being one of the few Nets to care about the team’s downward spiral.
I imagine KG is frustrated. His play is also part of the problem.
And with no Brook Lopez the rest of this season, and a team that is capped out and without draft picks next summer, good luck fixing it.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29