Dec 26, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Shocking news, the Brooklyn Nets have a dysfunctional locker room.
I’m not going to spend a lot of time kicking this dead horse, we’ve done that plenty in these parts, but we have to pass along this report.
After the Bulls thumped the Nets on Christmas Day in front of a national television audience, Jason Kidd unloaded on his team. As he should have. More importantly, Kevin Garnett had his back.
The frustration is mounting. According to league sources, after Kidd yelled at the team on Wednesday, Kevin Garnett stood up and vented his frustration before walking out to the showers. Multiple sources stressed Garnett backs Kidd and that the veteran’s frustration has been building over some of his teammates’ lack of fight after the Nets lost by 17 points for the second straight game.
Sources also said Garnett’s walking out was viewed as him being one of the few Nets to care about the team’s downward spiral.
I imagine KG is frustrated. His play is also part of the problem.
And with no Brook Lopez the rest of this season, and a team that is capped out and without draft picks next summer, good luck fixing it.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48