Dec 26, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
We saw what the Knicks looked like without Carmelo Anthony… and it wasn’t pretty.
The Knicks are hoping not to see it again this weekend in a back-to-back against Atlantic Division leading Toronto (that is a strange phrase to type).
Knicks coach Mike Woodson gave this update on Anthony heading into the Friday/Saturday home-and-home the Raptors, via the Knicks team Web site.
“Still day-to-day, we’ll see where he is tomorrow and evaluate him from there. He’s day-to-day…
“We’ll have a better feel tomorrow based on his treatment, he didn’t do anything on the floor today, just basically got treatment… if he says he’s ready to go, we’ll put him in uniform and play him.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
For all the problems to start the season — and the Internet isn’t big enough to list them all — the Knicks are just three games back of the division lead. The idea they could come back and win the division is not out of the question. But that’s not going to happen without Carmelo Anthony and without beating teams like the Raptors. Consistently.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 0
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 9
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 22
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 4