Dec 26, 2013, 4:39 PM EST
We saw what the Knicks looked like without Carmelo Anthony… and it wasn’t pretty.
The Knicks are hoping not to see it again this weekend in a back-to-back against Atlantic Division leading Toronto (that is a strange phrase to type).
Knicks coach Mike Woodson gave this update on Anthony heading into the Friday/Saturday home-and-home the Raptors, via the Knicks team Web site.
“Still day-to-day, we’ll see where he is tomorrow and evaluate him from there. He’s day-to-day…
“We’ll have a better feel tomorrow based on his treatment, he didn’t do anything on the floor today, just basically got treatment… if he says he’s ready to go, we’ll put him in uniform and play him.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
For all the problems to start the season — and the Internet isn’t big enough to list them all — the Knicks are just three games back of the division lead. The idea they could come back and win the division is not out of the question. But that’s not going to happen without Carmelo Anthony and without beating teams like the Raptors. Consistently.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6