Dec 26, 2013, 3:45 AM EDT
That is not worthy of an ejection.
But this little dust up is what got Blake Griffin tossed, this gave him his second technical in the game and that is an automatic ejection.
The first technical came when Draymond Green got an elbow up above Griffin’s shoulders and he reacted to the blow. Not sure it deserved a technical but he got it.
The second came in the above tussle with Andrew Bogut. Griffin and Bogut were battling for rebound position, got tangled up and there was some grabbing of jerseys and not much else. Yet the referees gave Bogut a Flagrant 1 foul and Griffin got his second technical. I’m not sure what crew chief Bill Kennedy saw, I’m not sure how this standard dust up deserved the harsh penalties. What exactly was Griffin supposed to do here? Golden State was losing and to their credit they got more physical with the Clippers. Welcome to the NBA. Turning the other cheek may be a fine moral proposition but it won’t get you rebounds. This was nothing.
Yet it led to Griffin’s ejection.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28