Dec 26, 2013, 3:45 AM EDT
That is not worthy of an ejection.
But this little dust up is what got Blake Griffin tossed, this gave him his second technical in the game and that is an automatic ejection.
The first technical came when Draymond Green got an elbow up above Griffin’s shoulders and he reacted to the blow. Not sure it deserved a technical but he got it.
The second came in the above tussle with Andrew Bogut. Griffin and Bogut were battling for rebound position, got tangled up and there was some grabbing of jerseys and not much else. Yet the referees gave Bogut a Flagrant 1 foul and Griffin got his second technical. I’m not sure what crew chief Bill Kennedy saw, I’m not sure how this standard dust up deserved the harsh penalties. What exactly was Griffin supposed to do here? Golden State was losing and to their credit they got more physical with the Clippers. Welcome to the NBA. Turning the other cheek may be a fine moral proposition but it won’t get you rebounds. This was nothing.
Yet it led to Griffin’s ejection.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18