Dec 26, 2013, 3:45 AM EDT
That is not worthy of an ejection.
But this little dust up is what got Blake Griffin tossed, this gave him his second technical in the game and that is an automatic ejection.
The first technical came when Draymond Green got an elbow up above Griffin’s shoulders and he reacted to the blow. Not sure it deserved a technical but he got it.
The second came in the above tussle with Andrew Bogut. Griffin and Bogut were battling for rebound position, got tangled up and there was some grabbing of jerseys and not much else. Yet the referees gave Bogut a Flagrant 1 foul and Griffin got his second technical. I’m not sure what crew chief Bill Kennedy saw, I’m not sure how this standard dust up deserved the harsh penalties. What exactly was Griffin supposed to do here? Golden State was losing and to their credit they got more physical with the Clippers. Welcome to the NBA. Turning the other cheek may be a fine moral proposition but it won’t get you rebounds. This was nothing.
Yet it led to Griffin’s ejection.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 31
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23