Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Chandler Parsons had model good looks.
But the Houston Rockets forward has changed his style without concern for fashion. Instead, he’s trying to help Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-year-old fighting cancer whom Parsons met last week.
Parson shaved his hair, and he posted a picture of his new ‘do:
“His dad was telling me how he isn’t even scared of death,” Parsons said. “He is more worried about not looking like his twin brother anymore, so me being his favorite player, I decided to shave my head to look more like him and hopefully give him some support and encouragement from me.”
Parsons will unveil his new haircut on the court tonight, when the Rockets play the Spurs. With a national audience tuning into the ESPN game, many viewers won’t have an allegiance to either team.
But I suspect there will be – as there should be – a few extra Parsons fans.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 2
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 16
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25