Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Chandler Parsons had model good looks.
But the Houston Rockets forward has changed his style without concern for fashion. Instead, he’s trying to help Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-year-old fighting cancer whom Parsons met last week.
Parson shaved his hair, and he posted a picture of his new ‘do:
“His dad was telling me how he isn’t even scared of death,” Parsons said. “He is more worried about not looking like his twin brother anymore, so me being his favorite player, I decided to shave my head to look more like him and hopefully give him some support and encouragement from me.”
Parsons will unveil his new haircut on the court tonight, when the Rockets play the Spurs. With a national audience tuning into the ESPN game, many viewers won’t have an allegiance to either team.
But I suspect there will be – as there should be – a few extra Parsons fans.
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23