Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Chandler Parsons had model good looks.
But the Houston Rockets forward has changed his style without concern for fashion. Instead, he’s trying to help Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-year-old fighting cancer whom Parsons met last week.
Parson shaved his hair, and he posted a picture of his new ‘do:
“His dad was telling me how he isn’t even scared of death,” Parsons said. “He is more worried about not looking like his twin brother anymore, so me being his favorite player, I decided to shave my head to look more like him and hopefully give him some support and encouragement from me.”
Parsons will unveil his new haircut on the court tonight, when the Rockets play the Spurs. With a national audience tuning into the ESPN game, many viewers won’t have an allegiance to either team.
But I suspect there will be – as there should be – a few extra Parsons fans.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6