Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Chandler Parsons had model good looks.
But the Houston Rockets forward has changed his style without concern for fashion. Instead, he’s trying to help Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-year-old fighting cancer whom Parsons met last week.
Parson shaved his hair, and he posted a picture of his new ‘do:
“His dad was telling me how he isn’t even scared of death,” Parsons said. “He is more worried about not looking like his twin brother anymore, so me being his favorite player, I decided to shave my head to look more like him and hopefully give him some support and encouragement from me.”
Parsons will unveil his new haircut on the court tonight, when the Rockets play the Spurs. With a national audience tuning into the ESPN game, many viewers won’t have an allegiance to either team.
But I suspect there will be – as there should be – a few extra Parsons fans.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17