Dec 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Chandler Parsons had model good looks.
But the Houston Rockets forward has changed his style without concern for fashion. Instead, he’s trying to help Patrick Hobbs-DeClaire, a 10-year-old fighting cancer whom Parsons met last week.
Parson shaved his hair, and he posted a picture of his new ‘do:
“His dad was telling me how he isn’t even scared of death,” Parsons said. “He is more worried about not looking like his twin brother anymore, so me being his favorite player, I decided to shave my head to look more like him and hopefully give him some support and encouragement from me.”
Parsons will unveil his new haircut on the court tonight, when the Rockets play the Spurs. With a national audience tuning into the ESPN game, many viewers won’t have an allegiance to either team.
But I suspect there will be – as there should be – a few extra Parsons fans.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10