Lakers’ Nick Young perfectly fine with Heat shooters not liking Christmas unis

Dec 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT

Toronto Raptors v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

LeBron James said the Miami Heat shooters are not fond of the NBA’s sleeved Christmas Day special uniforms.

Miami travels to Los Angeles for its Christmas Day matchup and Lakers gunner Nick Young is just fine with the Heat not liking the jersey. Look what he told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com, via Sulia.

“We’re going to see,” Nick Young said after the Lakers’ 127-90 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Monday. “I hope his shooters is messing up. I hope Ray Allen ain’t making shots. Right? So, I hope (LeBron James) is worried.”

The NBA set up the Heat/Lakers Christmas Day game as a showdown between two of its biggest stars — LeBron vs. Kobe Bryant. However a fracture to his left knee will sideline Kobe for this game.

Which means the nation will get introduced to Swaggy P (Young’s nickname). He is a fearless gunner, a guy that never met a shot he didn’t like, the kind of player that fans love and who can get hot, but the kind of player that gives coaches ulcers.

Young is pumped for the Sunday showcase game.

“I know we should be pumped playing on Christmas, we’re at home,” Young said. “It’s my first time playing on Christmas Day so I’m going to be pumped. We just got to have fun and enjoy it …

“Christmas Day should be fun. I think everybody is looking forward to that game. Like I said, it’s my first time playing on Christmas Day. I’m ready for my new uniform and I got some new shoes to go with it.”

We’ll see if Santa brings Lakers fans a good game from their ragtag group, or if it’s another lump of coal.

1. 00maltliquor - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I’ve been really enjoying having Nick Young come off our bench this year. I think he gets a bad rap from his other pit stops.

• drewvt6 - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

…or maybe from his inability to communicate without sounding likes he’s high as a kite.

• peterjohnjoseph - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Thats a +1..

• 00maltliquor - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

LOL…that’s true, he sounds like that 24/7!

• asimonetti88 - Dec 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM

you don’t have to sound coherent, just put the basketball through the hoop. So far this year, he’s been doing an ok job with that, especially compared to his past.

• kinglorious - Dec 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

lmaoo…maybe thats why he did that 360 reverse layup vs Toronto.

• fanofevilempire - Dec 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

those x-mas look like sheet now.
      oh boy!

• fanofevilempire - Dec 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

those x-mas day match ups look like sheet now.
        oh boy!

• antistratfordian - Dec 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM

It’s not that he got a bad rap – this is the best he’s ever played. He’s currently posting career highs in PER (16.1), TS% (.553) and eFG% (.500). He’d have less of a negative reputation if he sustained these kinds of numbers over a full season at his previous stops.

2. silkysmoke - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yah

3. cakemixa - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM

“I hope his shooters is messing up. “

4. raysabz - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

new shoes? not good….break it in before you catch the TRAIN KING JAMES! ;-)

5. miamatt - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Like those jerseys are really going to impact the game…

6. footballgod87 - Dec 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Sunday Showcase huh? Hard to have credibility when a blatant mistake is made in every blog entry.

7. mackcarrington - Dec 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Well, everyone will be wearing the jerseys, so it will be an even playing field.

8. lakerade - Dec 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! I love Christmas Day games, they crystalize family time for me, regardless of the final scores. Part of growing up Laker. Warm wishes to all the writers and readers of this blog!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches