Dec 24, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
Miami travels to Los Angeles for its Christmas Day matchup and Lakers gunner Nick Young is just fine with the Heat not liking the jersey. Look what he told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com, via Sulia.
“We’re going to see,” Nick Young said after the Lakers’ 127-90 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Monday. “I hope his shooters is messing up. I hope Ray Allen ain’t making shots. Right? So, I hope (LeBron James) is worried.”
The NBA set up the Heat/Lakers Christmas Day game as a showdown between two of its biggest stars — LeBron vs. Kobe Bryant. However a fracture to his left knee will sideline Kobe for this game.
Which means the nation will get introduced to Swaggy P (Young’s nickname). He is a fearless gunner, a guy that never met a shot he didn’t like, the kind of player that fans love and who can get hot, but the kind of player that gives coaches ulcers.
Young is pumped for the Sunday showcase game.
“I know we should be pumped playing on Christmas, we’re at home,” Young said. “It’s my first time playing on Christmas Day so I’m going to be pumped. We just got to have fun and enjoy it …
“Christmas Day should be fun. I think everybody is looking forward to that game. Like I said, it’s my first time playing on Christmas Day. I’m ready for my new uniform and I got some new shoes to go with it.”
We’ll see if Santa brings Lakers fans a good game from their ragtag group, or if it’s another lump of coal.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10