Dec 23, 2013, 7:09 PM EST
Like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, trade talks between the Knicks and Raptors are still dead.
There were at points talks between New York and Toronto about swapping point guards — Kyle Lowry would come to Manhattan and Raymond Felton would head north to Canada. But the talks stalled over what was needed to make that palatable — Toronto wanted a future first round pick (it would be at least 2018). Knicks owner James Dolan shot that down, tired of being fleeced by Masai Ujiri.
None of those dynamics have changed, reports Howard Beck at the Bleacher Report.
No surprise there, just passing the info along.
For now the Knicks are what they are. They have Tyson Chandler back but beyond that it’s hard to see how this team breaks out of its funk.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12