Dec 23, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, trade talks between the Knicks and Raptors are still dead.
There were at points talks between New York and Toronto about swapping point guards — Kyle Lowry would come to Manhattan and Raymond Felton would head north to Canada. But the talks stalled over what was needed to make that palatable — Toronto wanted a future first round pick (it would be at least 2018). Knicks owner James Dolan shot that down, tired of being fleeced by Masai Ujiri.
None of those dynamics have changed, reports Howard Beck at the Bleacher Report.
No surprise there, just passing the info along.
For now the Knicks are what they are. They have Tyson Chandler back but beyond that it’s hard to see how this team breaks out of its funk.
- Three coaches who could replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 0
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 5
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42