Dec 23, 2013, 7:09 PM EST
Like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, trade talks between the Knicks and Raptors are still dead.
There were at points talks between New York and Toronto about swapping point guards — Kyle Lowry would come to Manhattan and Raymond Felton would head north to Canada. But the talks stalled over what was needed to make that palatable — Toronto wanted a future first round pick (it would be at least 2018). Knicks owner James Dolan shot that down, tired of being fleeced by Masai Ujiri.
None of those dynamics have changed, reports Howard Beck at the Bleacher Report.
No surprise there, just passing the info along.
For now the Knicks are what they are. They have Tyson Chandler back but beyond that it’s hard to see how this team breaks out of its funk.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10