Dec 23, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, trade talks between the Knicks and Raptors are still dead.
There were at points talks between New York and Toronto about swapping point guards — Kyle Lowry would come to Manhattan and Raymond Felton would head north to Canada. But the talks stalled over what was needed to make that palatable — Toronto wanted a future first round pick (it would be at least 2018). Knicks owner James Dolan shot that down, tired of being fleeced by Masai Ujiri.
None of those dynamics have changed, reports Howard Beck at the Bleacher Report.
No surprise there, just passing the info along.
For now the Knicks are what they are. They have Tyson Chandler back but beyond that it’s hard to see how this team breaks out of its funk.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25