Dec 23, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
It’s some Bruin on Bruin crime.
Love got the ball at the three point line, pump faked and that just burned Ryan Hollins, so Love put it on the floor and drove the lane, went up and Matt Barnes came in with the hard foul. Words were exchanged, and they were not words with friends. The referees called it a Flagrant 1, reviewed it and after seeing a hit to the head upgraded this to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Barnes.
To me, the league needs to lessen this penalty — yes it was certainly a foul and there was contact to the head, but Barnes was making a play on the ball here and it wasn’t that severe. This wasn’t a swing at Love’s head.
What could really get Barnes in trouble is he didn’t leave the court immediately, instead going over to argue with the referee. He did not leave the court in a timely manner.
My guess is Barnes gets just a fine for this, no suspension. But not leaving the court could make it a healthy suspension.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 19
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65