Dec 23, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
It’s some Bruin on Bruin crime.
Love got the ball at the three point line, pump faked and that just burned Ryan Hollins, so Love put it on the floor and drove the lane, went up and Matt Barnes came in with the hard foul. Words were exchanged, and they were not words with friends. The referees called it a Flagrant 1, reviewed it and after seeing a hit to the head upgraded this to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Barnes.
To me, the league needs to lessen this penalty — yes it was certainly a foul and there was contact to the head, but Barnes was making a play on the ball here and it wasn’t that severe. This wasn’t a swing at Love’s head.
What could really get Barnes in trouble is he didn’t leave the court immediately, instead going over to argue with the referee. He did not leave the court in a timely manner.
My guess is Barnes gets just a fine for this, no suspension. But not leaving the court could make it a healthy suspension.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 8
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 36
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10