Dec 23, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
It’s some Bruin on Bruin crime.
Love got the ball at the three point line, pump faked and that just burned Ryan Hollins, so Love put it on the floor and drove the lane, went up and Matt Barnes came in with the hard foul. Words were exchanged, and they were not words with friends. The referees called it a Flagrant 1, reviewed it and after seeing a hit to the head upgraded this to a Flagrant 2 and ejected Barnes.
To me, the league needs to lessen this penalty — yes it was certainly a foul and there was contact to the head, but Barnes was making a play on the ball here and it wasn’t that severe. This wasn’t a swing at Love’s head.
What could really get Barnes in trouble is he didn’t leave the court immediately, instead going over to argue with the referee. He did not leave the court in a timely manner.
My guess is Barnes gets just a fine for this, no suspension. But not leaving the court could make it a healthy suspension.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 32
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 27
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3