Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
We dinged Lance Stephenson in PBT’s nightly grades because he clearly went hunting for the triple double — he shot 6-of-7 down the stretch and was obviously making plays to get to his 12 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
Still, that is his third triple double of the season to lead the NBA.
He was a fantastic playmaker for Indiana on Sunday, finding open guys all over the court — he seems to have a real chemistry developing with Danny Granger. He also was making shots for the first three quarters and looked like the best player on the court (or at least the best one not named Paul George).
Granger being back doesn’t move Stephenson out of the starting lineup — Granger is the sixth man, Indiana needs more games like this one from Stephenson.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16