Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
We dinged Lance Stephenson in PBT’s nightly grades because he clearly went hunting for the triple double — he shot 6-of-7 down the stretch and was obviously making plays to get to his 12 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
Still, that is his third triple double of the season to lead the NBA.
He was a fantastic playmaker for Indiana on Sunday, finding open guys all over the court — he seems to have a real chemistry developing with Danny Granger. He also was making shots for the first three quarters and looked like the best player on the court (or at least the best one not named Paul George).
Granger being back doesn’t move Stephenson out of the starting lineup — Granger is the sixth man, Indiana needs more games like this one from Stephenson.
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 0
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 5
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 12
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 12
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 5