Dec 23, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Minnesota lost another close game — they do that a lot — but you can’t blame Kevin Love for this one.
He had a monster game — 45 points, 19 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. He got those 45 points on 15-of-23 shooting, hitting shots from the arc out to the post. He looked like a guy on a mission (maybe one motivated by going up against Blake Griffin, who leads Love in All-Star votes from the fans so far).
Despite all that, it wasn’t enough as Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 120-116 in overtime. Why Nikola Pekovic got the shots at the end of regulation and OT and Love didn’t touch the ball is beyond me.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9