Dec 23, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Minnesota lost another close game — they do that a lot — but you can’t blame Kevin Love for this one.
He had a monster game — 45 points, 19 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. He got those 45 points on 15-of-23 shooting, hitting shots from the arc out to the post. He looked like a guy on a mission (maybe one motivated by going up against Blake Griffin, who leads Love in All-Star votes from the fans so far).
Despite all that, it wasn’t enough as Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 120-116 in overtime. Why Nikola Pekovic got the shots at the end of regulation and OT and Love didn’t touch the ball is beyond me.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18