Dec 23, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Minnesota lost another close game — they do that a lot — but you can’t blame Kevin Love for this one.
He had a monster game — 45 points, 19 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. He got those 45 points on 15-of-23 shooting, hitting shots from the arc out to the post. He looked like a guy on a mission (maybe one motivated by going up against Blake Griffin, who leads Love in All-Star votes from the fans so far).
Despite all that, it wasn’t enough as Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 120-116 in overtime. Why Nikola Pekovic got the shots at the end of regulation and OT and Love didn’t touch the ball is beyond me.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 0
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 27
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28