Dec 23, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Minnesota lost another close game — they do that a lot — but you can’t blame Kevin Love for this one.
He had a monster game — 45 points, 19 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. He got those 45 points on 15-of-23 shooting, hitting shots from the arc out to the post. He looked like a guy on a mission (maybe one motivated by going up against Blake Griffin, who leads Love in All-Star votes from the fans so far).
Despite all that, it wasn’t enough as Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 120-116 in overtime. Why Nikola Pekovic got the shots at the end of regulation and OT and Love didn’t touch the ball is beyond me.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 40
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 29
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33