Dec 23, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Minnesota lost another close game — they do that a lot — but you can’t blame Kevin Love for this one.
He had a monster game — 45 points, 19 rebounds and 6 assists on the night. He got those 45 points on 15-of-23 shooting, hitting shots from the arc out to the post. He looked like a guy on a mission (maybe one motivated by going up against Blake Griffin, who leads Love in All-Star votes from the fans so far).
Despite all that, it wasn’t enough as Minnesota lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 120-116 in overtime. Why Nikola Pekovic got the shots at the end of regulation and OT and Love didn’t touch the ball is beyond me.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3