Dec 23, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The good news for Houston: Jeremy Lin will be back and in the starting lineup for the Rockets Monday against Dallas, which is good news with Patrick Beverly out for about six weeks with a fracture in his hands.
The bad news: James Harden is sitting out Monday to rest the sprained ankle he tried to play through.
That’s the word out of shootaround via Jenny Dial Creech of the Houston Chronicle.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Harden has not had a setback, he just hasn’t been right and he sat out against Detroit over the weekend. He hopes to play Thursday in a nationally televised game against the Spurs.
In the mean time, expect a lot of Francisco Garcia (who had 16 points against the Pistons).
With Harden and Lin out against the Pistons, Dwight Howard had maybe his best game of the season. He and Lin have shown some chemistry on the pick-and-roll, expect to see a lot of that on Monday night. We’ll see how Dallas defends that.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 10
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 31
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19