Dec 23, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The good news for Houston: Jeremy Lin will be back and in the starting lineup for the Rockets Monday against Dallas, which is good news with Patrick Beverly out for about six weeks with a fracture in his hands.
The bad news: James Harden is sitting out Monday to rest the sprained ankle he tried to play through.
That’s the word out of shootaround via Jenny Dial Creech of the Houston Chronicle.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Harden has not had a setback, he just hasn’t been right and he sat out against Detroit over the weekend. He hopes to play Thursday in a nationally televised game against the Spurs.
In the mean time, expect a lot of Francisco Garcia (who had 16 points against the Pistons).
With Harden and Lin out against the Pistons, Dwight Howard had maybe his best game of the season. He and Lin have shown some chemistry on the pick-and-roll, expect to see a lot of that on Monday night. We’ll see how Dallas defends that.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13