Dec 23, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
We mentioned this when we brought you this ejection the first time — the foul didn’t seem that bad but if you’re ejected you can’t hang around and argue with the referees. The league frowns on this. And by “frowns” I mean “hates.”
The Clippers’ Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 for the incident above from Sunday night’s Los Angeles win over Minnesota. Barnes’ foul on Kevin Love was downgraded to a Flagrant 1 by the league — as it should have been. It was not that severe, there was a play on the ball. However, Barnes got the fine for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection.”
On the bright side for Barnes, at least he didn’t add to the fine with a twitter rant this time. Still, that’s $50,000 in checks to the league this year. That hurts.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Will we actually know the result of Heat-Cavaliers before Germany-Argentina? Probably, but not definitely
Jul 10, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
Hornets first-round pick making a lot of headlines for the wrong reasons
Jul 10, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Of course, Wallace believes Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant take over games
Jul 10, 2014, 9:44 PM EDT
Apparently, Melo returning to New York is not a forgone conclusion
Jul 10, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Closing arguments are set for July 28, so no quick end to this.
Jul 10, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Suns keep a fan favorite.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Suns already have a deep backcourt, but Thomas would fit their offense.
Jul 10, 2014, 6:50 PM EDT
This will either be the garbage-time sideshow for Miami next season, or the lone bastion of hope for the future of what remains of Heat fans.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
Like everyone else, Phil Jackson is in a holding pattern.
Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Why would you show up to LeBron’s empty house?
Jul 10, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
He had a good playoff run for Memphis, that got him a new deal.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
“Instead of thinking of reasons why your coach should be playing you, honestly assess reasons as to why he isn’t.”
Jul 10, 2014, 3:33 PM EDT
A run down of the free agent signings we have so far.
Jul 10, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Houston has 72 hours to match
Jul 10, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Tolliver could land on a quality team next season.
Jul 10, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Signing likely signals end of Mo Williams’ time in Portland
Jul 10, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
The market for Evan Turner has been a bit dry. To put it kindly.
Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Denver’s first-round pick, acquired from Bulls, won’t spend another year in Europe
Jul 10, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Washington reportedly refusing to pay Ariza more than $9 million per year
Jul 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Phoenix clears cap room
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 10
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 44
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 34
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 19
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 80
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 46
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 43
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 86