Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss at Golden State on Saturday, Nick Young got into the lane for what was going to be an uncontested layup or dunk.
Marreese Speights didn’t want to give up the easy two points, however, and grabbed Young from behind around the neck to take him down. Words were exchanged, and Speights received a flagrant two foul and an automatic ejection.
It really just looked like Speights was trying to prevent the layup there, but he made an unnecessary decision considering his team was leading by 21 points at the time.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 19
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8