Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Early in the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss at Golden State on Saturday, Nick Young got into the lane for what was going to be an uncontested layup or dunk.
Marreese Speights didn’t want to give up the easy two points, however, and grabbed Young from behind around the neck to take him down. Words were exchanged, and Speights received a flagrant two foul and an automatic ejection.
It really just looked like Speights was trying to prevent the layup there, but he made an unnecessary decision considering his team was leading by 21 points at the time.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19