Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss at Golden State on Saturday, Nick Young got into the lane for what was going to be an uncontested layup or dunk.
Marreese Speights didn’t want to give up the easy two points, however, and grabbed Young from behind around the neck to take him down. Words were exchanged, and Speights received a flagrant two foul and an automatic ejection.
It really just looked like Speights was trying to prevent the layup there, but he made an unnecessary decision considering his team was leading by 21 points at the time.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70