Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss at Golden State on Saturday, Nick Young got into the lane for what was going to be an uncontested layup or dunk.
Marreese Speights didn’t want to give up the easy two points, however, and grabbed Young from behind around the neck to take him down. Words were exchanged, and Speights received a flagrant two foul and an automatic ejection.
It really just looked like Speights was trying to prevent the layup there, but he made an unnecessary decision considering his team was leading by 21 points at the time.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 76
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20