Dec 22, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Early in the fourth quarter of the Lakers loss at Golden State on Saturday, Nick Young got into the lane for what was going to be an uncontested layup or dunk.
Marreese Speights didn’t want to give up the easy two points, however, and grabbed Young from behind around the neck to take him down. Words were exchanged, and Speights received a flagrant two foul and an automatic ejection.
It really just looked like Speights was trying to prevent the layup there, but he made an unnecessary decision considering his team was leading by 21 points at the time.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13