Dec 22, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Stop flopping. Or you’re getting a lump of coal.
Gibson got his for this play against the Cavaliers, and while it’s an embellishment doesn’t seem like it was as bad as some stuff that goes uncalled.
Brandon Jennings earned his for this flop against Patrick Beverley of the Houston Rockets.
The league gives players a warning for the first flopping incident, the second time it’s a $5,000 fine and the penalties go up by $5,000 from their until a fifth incident when… we don’t know. It hasn’t happened yet. This season 16 players have been warned and two of them earned a fine — James Harden and Corey Brewer.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49