Dec 22, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Stop flopping. Or you’re getting a lump of coal.
Gibson got his for this play against the Cavaliers, and while it’s an embellishment doesn’t seem like it was as bad as some stuff that goes uncalled.
Brandon Jennings earned his for this flop against Patrick Beverley of the Houston Rockets.
The league gives players a warning for the first flopping incident, the second time it’s a $5,000 fine and the penalties go up by $5,000 from their until a fifth incident when… we don’t know. It hasn’t happened yet. This season 16 players have been warned and two of them earned a fine — James Harden and Corey Brewer.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 13
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 14
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 27
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17