Dec 21, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Miami Heat have plenty of alternate jerseys, but haven’t been one of the teams to embrace the new sleeved models just yet.
Every team playing on Christmas Day will be giving the new-look tops a try, however, and that includes the Heat. But LeBron James said that the team’s shooters are worried about how the sleeves may affect their performance, and that’s obviously cause for concern from the team’s best player.
LeBron said in pregame that the Heat’s shooters “are already upset about” the Christmas jerseys.
LEBRON: “I can’t have my shooters out there worrying about some sleeves and not shooting the ball.”
To be fair, from what I understand the folks at adidas have been more than accommodating during this process — not only providing samples for players to practice in, but also providing custom fitted jerseys for players concerned about how the fit may affect their shot.
If players are discussing it, though, then it’s at least a little bit of an issue. I have a feeling that for one game it isn’t likely to matter all that much, especially against a Lakers team that will be without Kobe Bryant and that is dealing with a whole host of additional injuries.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27