Dec 21, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The Miami Heat have plenty of alternate jerseys, but haven’t been one of the teams to embrace the new sleeved models just yet.
Every team playing on Christmas Day will be giving the new-look tops a try, however, and that includes the Heat. But LeBron James said that the team’s shooters are worried about how the sleeves may affect their performance, and that’s obviously cause for concern from the team’s best player.
LeBron said in pregame that the Heat’s shooters “are already upset about” the Christmas jerseys.
LEBRON: “I can’t have my shooters out there worrying about some sleeves and not shooting the ball.”
To be fair, from what I understand the folks at adidas have been more than accommodating during this process — not only providing samples for players to practice in, but also providing custom fitted jerseys for players concerned about how the fit may affect their shot.
If players are discussing it, though, then it’s at least a little bit of an issue. I have a feeling that for one game it isn’t likely to matter all that much, especially against a Lakers team that will be without Kobe Bryant and that is dealing with a whole host of additional injuries.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54