Dec 21, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse. #celticstalk
— Gary Tanguay (@Gary_Tanguay) December 21, 2013
It’s unclear exactly when the injury occurred, but Lopez left last night’s overtime loss to the Sixers without speaking to reporters. He has missed nine games this season with ankle injuries, and missed almost all of the 2012 season with a similar foot fracture.
Lopez has played at an All-Star level this season when healthy, averaging 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots in 31.4 minutes per contest. This is obviously a devastating blow to the Nets season, which began with championship aspirations.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32