Dec 21, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse. #celticstalk
— Gary Tanguay (@Gary_Tanguay) December 21, 2013
It’s unclear exactly when the injury occurred, but Lopez left last night’s overtime loss to the Sixers without speaking to reporters. He has missed nine games this season with ankle injuries, and missed almost all of the 2012 season with a similar foot fracture.
Lopez has played at an All-Star level this season when healthy, averaging 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots in 31.4 minutes per contest. This is obviously a devastating blow to the Nets season, which began with championship aspirations.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 0
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 3
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 22
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10