Dec 21, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse. #celticstalk
— Gary Tanguay (@Gary_Tanguay) December 21, 2013
It’s unclear exactly when the injury occurred, but Lopez left last night’s overtime loss to the Sixers without speaking to reporters. He has missed nine games this season with ankle injuries, and missed almost all of the 2012 season with a similar foot fracture.
Lopez has played at an All-Star level this season when healthy, averaging 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots in 31.4 minutes per contest. This is obviously a devastating blow to the Nets season, which began with championship aspirations.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8