Dec 21, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
NBA source tells me Brook Lopez of the Nets is done for the year. Broken foot. East continues to get worse. #celticstalk
— Gary Tanguay (@Gary_Tanguay) December 21, 2013
It’s unclear exactly when the injury occurred, but Lopez left last night’s overtime loss to the Sixers without speaking to reporters. He has missed nine games this season with ankle injuries, and missed almost all of the 2012 season with a similar foot fracture.
Lopez has played at an All-Star level this season when healthy, averaging 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.8 blocked shots in 31.4 minutes per contest. This is obviously a devastating blow to the Nets season, which began with championship aspirations.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36