Dec 20, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
Golden State was the more talented team on the floor Thursday night, but they ended up on losing to a depleted Spurs team.
Why? The penultimate possession summed up the game fairly well — tied 102-102 the Spurs got the ball to the guy with the hot hand (Marco Belinelli) and when he missed Boris Diaw (who had set a pick for Belinelli out by the arc) came crashing through and was able to secure the rebound. He went back up with a reverse lay-up that also missed, but by now Tiago Splitter had moved into position and had the tap in.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 43
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 47
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 26
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11