Dec 20, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
Golden State was the more talented team on the floor Thursday night, but they ended up on losing to a depleted Spurs team.
Why? The penultimate possession summed up the game fairly well — tied 102-102 the Spurs got the ball to the guy with the hot hand (Marco Belinelli) and when he missed Boris Diaw (who had set a pick for Belinelli out by the arc) came crashing through and was able to secure the rebound. He went back up with a reverse lay-up that also missed, but by now Tiago Splitter had moved into position and had the tap in.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 4
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 5
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 4
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 61
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 68
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30