Dec 20, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
Golden State was the more talented team on the floor Thursday night, but they ended up on losing to a depleted Spurs team.
Why? The penultimate possession summed up the game fairly well — tied 102-102 the Spurs got the ball to the guy with the hot hand (Marco Belinelli) and when he missed Boris Diaw (who had set a pick for Belinelli out by the arc) came crashing through and was able to secure the rebound. He went back up with a reverse lay-up that also missed, but by now Tiago Splitter had moved into position and had the tap in.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9