Dec 20, 2013, 2:22 AM EDT
Golden State was the more talented team on the floor Thursday night, but they ended up on losing to a depleted Spurs team.
Why? The penultimate possession summed up the game fairly well — tied 102-102 the Spurs got the ball to the guy with the hot hand (Marco Belinelli) and when he missed Boris Diaw (who had set a pick for Belinelli out by the arc) came crashing through and was able to secure the rebound. He went back up with a reverse lay-up that also missed, but by now Tiago Splitter had moved into position and had the tap in.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 9
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3