Dec 20, 2013, 4:47 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while watching my Long Beach State 49ers beat USC (at least that’s what I did with part of my night)…
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder. He led his team to an easy win and how about this for a line: 32 points on 13-of-20 shooting, 4-of-5 from three, nine rebounds, six assists and three steals. But really why he is here with the high grade is something Royce Young pointed out on twitter: In his last four games Durant is averaging 30.3 points on 60.8 percent shooting overall, 64.7 percent from three, plus he’s at 90.9 percent from the free throw line. His true shooting percentage in that time is 72.7 percent. Flat. Out. Ridiculous.
Marco Belinelli, San Antonio Spurs. San Antonio’s front office is amazing in its ability to identify guys they can plug into their system who will excel. Belinelli is this year’s find. He came off the bench to score 28 points on 10-of-16 shooting in this one, including going 4-of-8 from three. He had 17 of those points in the third quarter. Somebody had to step up with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili out and Belinelli was the guy.
Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors. This is the kind of game the Warriors need to win to be taken seriously as contenders. Curry put up good numbers — 30 points and 15 assists — but he needed 28 shots to get those points and he had five turnovers. He did hit a key three late to tie and overall Curry was good, but not great on a night they needed him to be.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24