Dec 20, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Robin, the Trail Blazers’ center sports a wild afro. His twin brother, Brook, the Nets’ center, has a closer crop.
But is that why they don’t look alike now? Did Robin grow out his hair to look distinct from Brook?
“People are going to be morons,” he said. “If people can’t tell us apart, they’re going to be morons either way. Letting my hair grow had nothing to do with trying to look different from Brook.”I came back with “But you guys do look alike.” And he looked me dead in the eyes and promptly replied in his deep voice, “no we don’t.”
If you read the rest of Haynes’ article, it’s clear Robin is joking. But many jokes are rooted in fact. Does Robin, deep down, resent looking like Brook?
I have no idea, but if were an opponent looking to get under his skin, I might bring it up. The way Robin is playing – having a career year to help the Trail Blazers to a 22-5 start – I’d try anything.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link
.On the other hand, bringing up Robin’s hair might just get you beat up.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 2
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 2
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 29
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40