Dec 20, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
He has wrist tendonitis that had bothered him for a while but he had played through it — he had 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Tuesday night. Friday he went through warm-ups an hour before the game before discussing the issue with the team’s medical staff and coaches.
Don’t be shocked if he sits out Saturday night against the Bulls as well.
Waiters is averaging 14.9 points a game and he has a true shooting percentage of 51.3, something bolstered by his 40.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Still, he has struggled to fit his game in with Kyrie Irving as Waiters wants to have the ball in his hands aw well.
Waiters also has had a sore knee, this will give all of his body a chance to get his body healthy during the long grind of the NBA season.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23