Dec 20, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
He has wrist tendonitis that had bothered him for a while but he had played through it — he had 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Tuesday night. Friday he went through warm-ups an hour before the game before discussing the issue with the team’s medical staff and coaches.
Don’t be shocked if he sits out Saturday night against the Bulls as well.
Waiters is averaging 14.9 points a game and he has a true shooting percentage of 51.3, something bolstered by his 40.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Still, he has struggled to fit his game in with Kyrie Irving as Waiters wants to have the ball in his hands aw well.
Waiters also has had a sore knee, this will give all of his body a chance to get his body healthy during the long grind of the NBA season.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10