Dec 20, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
He has wrist tendonitis that had bothered him for a while but he had played through it — he had 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Tuesday night. Friday he went through warm-ups an hour before the game before discussing the issue with the team’s medical staff and coaches.
Don’t be shocked if he sits out Saturday night against the Bulls as well.
Waiters is averaging 14.9 points a game and he has a true shooting percentage of 51.3, something bolstered by his 40.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Still, he has struggled to fit his game in with Kyrie Irving as Waiters wants to have the ball in his hands aw well.
Waiters also has had a sore knee, this will give all of his body a chance to get his body healthy during the long grind of the NBA season.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10