Dec 20, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
He has wrist tendonitis that had bothered him for a while but he had played through it — he had 25 points on 11-of-19 shooting on Tuesday night. Friday he went through warm-ups an hour before the game before discussing the issue with the team’s medical staff and coaches.
Don’t be shocked if he sits out Saturday night against the Bulls as well.
Waiters is averaging 14.9 points a game and he has a true shooting percentage of 51.3, something bolstered by his 40.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Still, he has struggled to fit his game in with Kyrie Irving as Waiters wants to have the ball in his hands aw well.
Waiters also has had a sore knee, this will give all of his body a chance to get his body healthy during the long grind of the NBA season.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36